in search of neverland

kolmapäev, juuni 25, 2008

Say what you need to say

Life is too short not to live it. It is too beautiful not to enjoy. It is too precious to waste.

Spent Monday morning in a swamp near my summer house. The sun rising through to mist rising from the little lakes. The cobwebs glittering with the dew. The silence and peacefulness of the wild. It all made up beautifully for not being able to spend midsummer's with friends and family.

The WHO European Ministerial Conference has been fascinating. I did a bit of networking today! I'm so proud of myself :) Wish I could get everything done that has been waiting in line, but this job has taken up a lot of time. It has, however, been fulfilling in ways I couldn't imagine when I started it. There's such a different perspective on life that one does not see in Estonia too often. I need to get away and make it a part of me before I can come back and be really happy here.
Not that there aren't fantastic people here and that I was unhappy, but I know there is something else that I need to feel and process and let myself change. Can't wait for the 6th of July!

A part of me is hoping that whatever it is I am looking for is not somewhere else, but somewhere right here, under my nose. But I suppose it takes a different view point to be able to see it, if it really is here. Though, then again, perhaps it's not here and if I don't go now, I might never find out. This past year changed me in many ways and not all towards the worse. Maybe this is the determination I was looking for all along. Perhaps the reasons are not all that important, but it's about getting a move on and seeing whether the place I end up at will get to greet a happier me. Or say good bye to one some day.

Anyways, loads of work to be done and need some rest too before another hectic, but hopefully fascinating day!